We offer you an open conversation to find an option that will best fit with your institute and your students
"Kia ora, my name is Emma La Rocca, I'm based in Pāpāmoa, New Zealand. I received a Bachelor of Fashion Design from Massey University in 2009. Since then I have slowly been building my zero waste fashion business. I would love to share with you the knowledge of zero waste design that I have gained over those years."
Guest Lecturer / speaker
Short course lecturer
Contact us to discuss how we can work together on growing your students' understanding of zero waste design, zero waste pattern making or how to start and maintain a zero waste business:
Emma La Rocca . email@example.com . 0272291978
-We invite your team members and students to join our general masterclasses- $90pp
Next Dates: May 2023 - Auckland NZ
Masterclass 1: Designer & Patternmaker collaboration - 3hours - Register here
- An introduction to the design processes of other zero waste designers. This will give examples of some techniques that we can use.
- Choose a design sketch that you would like to make OR a finished pattern that you would like to recreate with zero waste.
- Working in pairs or as a designer alone create a zero or minimal waste marker for your chosen design.
Masterclass 2: Grading for zero waste patterns - 4hours - Register here
- An introduction to the different ways that we can grade a zero waste pattern.
- Using a zero waste pattern that you've created or a pattern of another zero waste designer we will apply the conventional grading method and will create a new marker of the smallest and largest sizes to test if grading the pattern conventionally results in zero/minimal waste.
- We will make small changes to the conventionally graded pattern pieces if needed, to achieve a better yield.
- You will apply a zero waste grading technique that you think best suits your pattern, marker, fabric and garment.
- We will compare the conventional grading technique & your chosen zero waste grading technique for speed and accuracy.
Masterclass 3: Analyzing our markers - 3hours - Register here
- An introduction to the process giving examples of how we can work through this task.
- Working individually or in small groups, we will use your preferred computer programmes &/or 10% sized paper patterns to minimalize the waste in your original marker.
- We will calculate the savings made.